Recuva, described by vnunet.com as an “effective tool for undeleting or salvaging files we sent for recycling and deleted, in the past”, is a widely acclaimed data recovery tool for Windows PC. With it, you can recover important data that are deleted, formatted, corrupted, etc from your Windows computer, recycle bin, digital camera card, or MP3 player. Unfortunately, Recuva for Mac is unavailable since Recuva exclusively works on Windows and there isn’t a scheduled plan to develop the Mac version. So, is there a Recuva Mac that functions the same or comes close? Of course. Here you can get the best alternative to Recuva for Mac (El Capitan included) to retrieve precious files.
Naturally, we highly recommend this Recuva for Mac which is considered as the best alternative to Recuva on Mac OS X to you to have a try.
- Recover numerous types of files like photos, videos, emails, documents, archive files and more;
- Recover import data from all types of storage devices like computer, memory card, hard drive, flash drive, removable drive, digital camcorder and etc;
- Recover lost data no matter deleted, formatted, corrupted, virus attack, software crash or other reason;
- Recover data with multiple recovery modes: lost file recovery, raw file recovery, partition recovery, and iPhone data recovery;
- Recover lost files pretty easily and what you need to do to get your precious data are only a few clicks;
- Preview all scanned data and choose which ones you want to recover;
- Run on OS X 10.11 El Capitan, OS X 10.10 Yosemite), 10.9 OS X Mavericks, 10.8 OS X Mountain Lion, 10.7 OS X Lion, 10.6 OS X Snow Leopard, 10.5 OS X Leopard, and 10.4 OS X Tiger.
Steps on Recover Data with This Recuva for Mac
Click “Free Download” button to download the alternative to Recuva for Mac OS X and install the trial version. The following are 1-2-3 steps to tell you how to use Recuva for Mac to restore data on Mac.
Step 1 Launch the application and the main interface shows as below. There choose a recovery mode as your need. Here we take “Lost File Recovery” mode as example.
Step 2 In the windows of “Lost File Recovery” mode, select a drive or volume. There you can also decide the “File Kind” and whether to “Enable Deep Scan”. When all settings are done, click “Scan” button on the top of this tool.
Step 3 The scanning process will not last too long. Then preview and select the files that you want to recover and click “Recover” button.
Step 4 After click “Recover” icon, a window pops up and you need to choose the location to save the recovered files.
Tips about This Data Recovery
It also has a Windows version which is compatible with Windows 10/8.1/8/7/Vista/XP. If you are a Windows user and not satisfied with Recuva, just download the Windows version of this Recuva alternative to try out.